Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pizza Quesadillas


 So tonight my hubby is out of town for work (boo) and so it is just Emily and myself. The other kiddos are at their other homes this week.  I hate when he is gone, besides being lonely, I always feel like I pig out and eat horribly when he is gone. I don't really feel like cooking a nice meal for just Em and I.  So I told myself this morning when I got up I wasn't going to let him being gone for a few days ruin my eating somewhat healthy. I won't stuff my face, I won't stuff my face, I won't stuff my face!!!!

OK, so I guess Pizza Quesadillas are not really healthy, but I am a pizza fanatic and really just wanted to sit down and eat a whole frozen pizza!  Don't tempt me, because I can finish one, I have done it before and it's not pretty!  Yikes!  Anyways, I was searching my Pinterest recipe board and found a link for Pizza Quesadillas!  Looked pretty quick and easy and something I could whip up and not have a ton of leftovers tempting me every time I open the fridge.

HERE is the original recipe that I based my own recipe off of tonight. Her recipe called for making more but I just ended up making three Quesadillas and put the leftover sauce, mushrooms, cheese and pepperoni in the fridge for another time I get a hankering for pizza! Believe me, it will be sooner than later.

Below is my version of the Pizza Quesadilla recipe that can be found HERE.


INGREDIENTS:
Pizza Sauce
Flour Tortillas (need 2 for each Quesadilla)
Mushrooms
Turkey Pepperoni
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Cooking Spray

Put a light layer of pizza sauce on each Tortilla. Next up is shredded Mozzarella cheese and your toppings of choice.  Tonight I went with mushrooms and turkey pepperoni because that's what I had, but you could add anything that sounds good.  Put another layer of cheese on top and place in a heated skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Place another tortilla, sauce side down, onto your loaded tortilla and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until it is lightly browned and the cheese is melted.  Remove from pan and enjoy!

I kept this somewhat healthy by using turkey pepperoni, using cooking spray instead of butter and not piling on the cheese (even though I totally wanted too)!  Way less fat and calories than a regular old piece of pizza!

Excuse the not so great photos, I used my phone to take them! ;)

I thought they were pretty tasty and will be making them again!  I like to make pizzas on tortillas and put them in the oven as well.  I call them Craker Pizzas.  A lot less calories without all the crust. 









No comments: