Friday, November 7, 2008

House Fire







On Saturday night my parents had a house fire. It started on their front deck with a candle in a pumpkin! Luckily no one was hurt and much of the inside of the house was untouched by the actual fire. It was mostly contained to the laundry room and above the ceiling. They have a lot of smoke damage and the house is not liveable. They are currently living at my sister Julie's house and next week will be moving into a rental house for the next couple months. My parents are doing fairly well. I can't even imagine what they are feeling. I know everyone has been praying for them. I will keep everyone updated on the progress and I posted a few pics of the house after the fire.

2 comments:

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

so sorry to hear about the house, will they be able to move into something new on that property ?
did they loose alot ? need anything ?

The McNamara's said...

They are in a rental house right now. It will probably still be another 2 months at least till they can move back in their house. Luckily they did not lose much. The fire was contained to the outside of the house and above the ceiling. Serve Pro came out and took everything to their warehouse and cleaned everything. The roof and most of the ceilings will need to be replaced along with all new carpet and some new walls. They are doing well and are very thankful that it wasn't worse. Just a bad time of the year with the holidays coming up.