Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our hunting weekend


Well opening morning was very cold, rainy and windy. The deer were not moving much and we did not get a deer in the morning hunt. Kyle ended up getting 2 on Saturday afternoon and evening. He got a 6 point and a button buck. He was the only one out of 5 of us hunting on opening day. We got up early again this morning and headed out to my blind. Not to long after daylight 2 does walked in. I was able to shoot one!! She is a nice big doe. My biggest deer yet. I can't even begin to describe the adrenaline rush you get!! It's awesome. I never thought I would like hunting, but decided I would never know unless I tried, so four years ago I went out. Kyle bought me a 20 gauge shotgun for Christmas in 2004. I know how romantic!! He also got me earrings that year, just in case! I did not get anything my first year. My 2nd year hunting I shot a smaller doe. Last year I went out 2 weeks after Emily was born and shot 2 deer within 30 seconds!! So I am still hunting for a buck and hoping this will be the year.
Being outside in the woods this morning was awesome. The snow was falling and the woods was covered in a white blanket. Squirrels and birds were everywhere. It's fun to watch the squirrels running around and gathering corn and acorns for winter. The are very busy and noisy. It's hard not to think about God and how awesome he is and be in awe of everything he created!
So tonight we will be making breakfast sausage, hunters sticks and summer sausage. We will be putting good meat in our freezer that we will eat for the next year.
I will be going out again soon. Gotta get rid of my buck fever!!