Sunday, September 13, 2009

What's for Dinner??

So I have been really trying to be more creative in the kitchen! I guess you kind of get in a rut and fall back on the same old foods for dinner. So I have been searching the Internet for some new recipes. I really like $5 dinners. She has some really great and easy recipes. I have tried the Chicken Tezzarini and Broccoli Spaghetti bake. The Tezzarini is a definite keeper, still not sure about the 2nd one. Tonight I am making oven baked chicken. I noticed the recipe on the Bisquick box. Sounded good. I think I will whip up some homemade mashed potatoes to go with it and some green beans.

The only downfall to cooking and trying a new recipe is of course that it won't be a fit for your family. I love hearing about new recipes from people that swear by them. So I would love it you would share a favorite family dinner recipe with me. We will eat pretty much anything! Are there any good sites you go to on a regular basis for new recipes??

I have been really trying to stick to some type of meal plan for the week. Not necessarily making a meal plan for each day, but coming up with enough meals for the week and picking one based on what is going on that evening. It has helped us eat at home more often and of course helped us save money!

Ok, well now I must go start cooking some dinner. Kyle is out goose hunting with his brother Nick and I know they will be starving when they get home. I think Kyle is always starving!

2 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I wish I was that organized! I can barely think to the same day's dinner. I'm always so relieved when each meal period is over.

Frugal Vicki said...

yeah! You know the worst part of date night is mentally adding up everything you are spending! What a relaxing and fun night!