Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Working on a new healthier Me!

I have been toying with the idea of joining Weight Watchers again over the past few months. I lost 60 pounds on Weight Watchers about 10 years ago and loved the program.

So I officially joined Weight Watchers again on Monday evening. I luckily have not gained back all the weight over the past 1o years. I was actually pretty happy when I stepped on the scale for my first weight in and was about 25 pounds less than I thought I was! I have not stepped on a scale in at least a year and a half! I mean I know that I am overweight, but I felt a little better about the fact that I really have not gained much the past couple years.

I am already loving the new Weight Watchers Points Plus program. It is different from the last time I did the program. I think it is actually way better now! I have started walking every day and plan on throwing in some other activities daily too. I am taking baby steps, one day at a time so I don't get overwhelmed!

When I think about my reasons for doing this, I am not only wanting to be "skinnier" (who doesen't) and look better in my old and growing tighter clothes, but I really want to be healthy! I have a family history of diabetes and the thought of that scares me! A lot! My mom has been diabetic since I was a child and uses daily shots of insulin. Yikes, no thanks!

So, right now I am working on 10% for my goal and just really trying to add more activity into my lifestyle.

I am very excited about this new adventure and lifestyle change. I will keep everyone updated on my progress. :)

No comments: