Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Prayers for a Family in Florida


I am heading to bed soon. Been on a cleaning spree tonight and just sat down to check my email, facebook and twitter accounts. I am in tears as I write this post, as I just read over on Twitter about a Mom in Florida who lost her 2 year old son yesterday. He drown in their pool. I don't know this women at all but my heart aches for her.

I can not imagine the pain she is feeling tonight. I just went into Emily's room and had to touch her face, stroke her hair and tell her that I love her more than words can describe. I would love to do this with my 3 other kids as well, but they are not with us tonight (at their other parent's homes).

I think of my own parents tonight. They have lost 2 adult sons. I remember my Dad saying that parents are not suppose to bury their kids. I know that with time, prayers and God this family will get through this difficult time.

Please keep this family in your prayers. The mom's name is Shellie. They are looking at Christmas next week without their little guy. Make sure to hug your little ones extra and even your big loved ones as well. Try to remember in those stressful times when your so frustrated that your child is a blessing from God. Your life as you know it can change in the blink of an eye.

Good Night.

No comments: