Sunday, April 19, 2009

Relay for Life



I have decided to join the fight against cancer and join a Relay for Life team this year. My Dad was diagnosed a few months back with Prostate Cancer. His prognosis is good! I know that cancer touches many people lives. Just a couple weeks ago a family friend passed away after a long battle with Prostate Cancer. I am excited to participate in this race to fight cancer. I have joined a team that will be participating in the Charlotte, MI event on June 19th and 20th starting at 3pm and ending at 3pm on Saturday. I have included the link to my personal web page if your interested in making a donation or if you would like to join my team! You will have to copy and paste this link or go to my sites I visit and click on the Relay for Life link.

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/wendy.mcnamara

Our team is also selling bracelets for $3.00. They are very pretty and have all the colors of cancer on them. I will be getting one this next week and will take a picture and post it here. If you would like one just let me know. If you would like to buy a luminary in honor of someone who has cancer or has lost the battle to cancer they are $10 and you can decorate them yourselves.

I will keep everyone updated on this event.

No comments: