My wonderful hubby bought me a really cool Moms planner for Christmas! It is called Mom's Manager Planner, the Planner for Moms on the Go! I love it. One of the things I really like is each month there is a page that has tips, cute sayings, ideas and advice! I thought I would start sharing some of these with you over the next few months!
Here is one that I came across. It is called Instructions for Life from the Dalai Lama.
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R's: Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck!
5. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
6. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
7. Spend some time alone every day!
8. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
9. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
10. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
11. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for life.
12. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
13. Be gentle with the earth.
14. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
15. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each exceeds your need for each other.
16. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.