Monday, May 4, 2009

Busy, but fun weekend

So we had a busy weekend. Saturday James went to a birthday party for Logan, a friend from school. It was at the Zap Zone in Waterford. So I dropped him off for a couple hours and I took Hannah, Brayden and Emily to Great Lakes Crossing so we could eat lunch at The Rainforest Cafe. It had been years since I had been there and none of the kids had ever been there. We had fun! Emily was so fascinated by all the animals, which move about every 10 minutes. Hannah was so excited for the thunderstorm. Our waitress told us that it would thunderstorm every 1/2 hour. So we knew it would while we were eating lunch. Hannah kept looking at my cell phone, tying to figure out what time it might "storm"! It was pretty cool, even for an adult. So we had a yummy lunch and spent some quality time together. Brayden and Hannah having fun!

Emily loves french fries. She especially loves dipping them in ketchup!

Sunday after church we had my parent's over for a cookout. The weather was beautiful with the sun shining and temps in the 60's. I happened to find some t-bone steaks marked down so I bought some for lunch and we threw some chicken on the grill for the kids. We had strawberry shortcake for dessert! Yummy. I love strawberry shortcake! I could really go for some right now, but of course Kyle finished the leftovers off last night!Emily dressed and ready for church! Don't you love her new smile?! When you tell her to smile she closes her eyes and shows her teeth, sometimes she kind of snarls! Too cute.

No comments: