Friday, May 15, 2009

MOPS Pie Making Fundraiser!


My MOPS (Mothers of preschoolers) group is baking pies for a fundraiser to raise money for a milk program at a school in Sri Lanka. Several years ago they did a similar fundraiser to help raise funds to build the school. So yesterday some of us spent the morning at the church making dough and rolling out pie crusts. We rolled out about 115 crusts! I am not much of a pie baker so I was a little rusty with rolling out the dough, but it got easier as the morning progressed. We had a lot of fun. It's always great to spend time with my MOPS friends. They are a bunch of great women and I have enjoyed getting to know them all a better the past 2 years. Saturday morning another group of women from our group will be at the church putting the pies together and baking them for the sale on Sunday at FUMER(First United Methodist Church).

No comments: