Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Great score on Meat at the Supermarket!


Ok, your probably wondering what is going on by the the title of my post! I have been tyring to be more careful about where I spend my money and I am now planning out my meals, using a ton more coupons and trying to buy what is on sale and pair it up with coupons. I am planning my weekly meals around what I have in my pantry already and by what is on sale that week. I know a lot of you already do this and save a ton of money monthly on groceries. I was very excited the other day when I went to our local Family Fare supermarket and they had a ton of meat 50% off. It gets marked down when it gets close to the sell by date. That is fine by me, because I just freeze it anyways. I was able to buy 12 pounds of ground chuck in the 3lb. tubes for $3.49 each. I figured out I only paid $1.14 a pound for the hamburger! That is awesome. I just got done separating it into pound packages and putting it in the freezer. I also bought some t bone steaks and a few other cuts of steaks at 50%! Now around here we LOVE steak and like to eat it weekly, but it is very expensive so I was very excited to put some in the freezer. Now I can pull it out and Kyle can grill up some yummy steaks and potatoes. I am trying to reteach Kyle and I about spending less money. With the way the economy is and construction work can come and go, I want to have some cushion to work with when his work is slow. I have found a ton of blogs that offer frugal advice along with coupons, etc. I am finding them so helpful in getting our finances more organized. I know I have a lot to learn, but hey it's a start! I welcome any advice, tips or great websites you might have! Ok, gotta go finish some chores while Emily is napping.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I started a Monday Money segment on my blog. You had asked for my money saving info. It will be on there each week. Hope it helps you out! I cut my groceries/baby budget last year and now can sucessfully get it all for less than 300/month :) Good luck!