Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Almost Wordless Wednesday: My house is a mess!

Kyle's friend Jesse came over to help him remove the huge picture window. Of course It was one of the coldest days we have had lately! They worked quickly and built a new wall. We are installing a door and building a new deck this summer.


They got it out without the glass breaking!


The new wall going up.


Some of our cupboards that we are going to clean, sand and repaint. If you look closely you can see the scalloped edge on them. They are in really good shape so we are saving a ton of money "fixing them up" instead of purchasing new ones. This is the area where our kitchen will be. The opening into the hallway will turn into a new wall tomorrow!


Take note of the beautiful yellow counter top that I have had in my kitchen since we moved in 5 years ago! I have been counting down the days till we could smash it! You can see the outline where our top cupboards were. I think we had one of the smallest kitchens ever! The old kitchen area will be our new dining room with the wall where the cupboards and sink were coming down. We will have a more open floor plan. The living room is on the other side.



We are making a ton of progress in just a few days! It is a mess, but I keep reminding myself that it will be so worth it in the end!

3 comments:

Tiffany Noth said...

I would love to get a new kitchen! Our cabinets are so old the paint rubs off on pots and pans below when I open drawers. I hope it's all finished for you shortly!

Kristie said...

Great progress already! How exciting! I'm anxious to see the finished kitchen...not as much as you are I'm sure, but it's still really neat! ;-)

Mandee said...

I can't wait to redo our kitchen! We had yellow countertops in our first house...no fun! Looks like a lot of work, but I'm sure it will look great once you are done! Can't wait to see after pics! :)