Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Just back from the Emergency Room....

I was not sure I was actually going to get a post done before midnight tonight (I have been blogging every day since I took the Blog Dare through the Community of Moms). I have been blogging late at night lately.

I just got home from the ER. I decided to go in tonight because I have been having pain in my left leg (knee area) since the 15th. It started out more as an ache but just in the past couple days has really been bothering me. It does not really hurt when I walk or stand, just hurts when I bend it or stretch it. I figured I had pulled a muscle or something and was giving it a few days to heal.

Today it was worse and tonight after searching online about leg/knee pain I came across blood clots in the leg. YIKES! One symptom of a blood clot is a pulled muscle like pain. After talking to my hubby we decided that I should head to the ER just to make sure everything was ok.

I am fine, it turns out to just be a strained/pulled muscle in my leg just under my knee cap. I can feel the balled up muscle. It is very tender when touched. The doctor said to just lay low and not stress it over the next few days (yeah right, we just started demo on our kitchen and I have an active 2 year old) and it should get better. He said since it does not really bother me to walk that I don't need crutches. If it is not better in a week then I will go see my family doctor. I am relieved. I felt kind of silly going in tonight but they did say it was good to get it checked out and that I was right about the symptoms of a blood clot. It's always good to be cautious. Well, off to bed soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a couple three days with your leg up resting. It'll probably do you some good.

Sarah at The Stroller Ballet said...

Glad it's not something serious! Relax and enjoy your time to rest.
Props to you for getting your post done, as well!