Friday, January 8, 2010

A question I might never know the answer to!


Why do men/boys yell at the TV during sporting events?


So last night was the BCS National Championship Football game between Alabama and Texas (listen to me sounding like I know what I am talking about). Kyle and Brayden had been planning on watching it all week, so I planned on getting some things done online and around the house while it was on. We ended up letting Brayden stay up to watch it since we had a snowstorm and we were pretty sure we would have a snowday on Friday. (which we did)

Brayden has become a HUGE football fan! When I say HUGE I mean HUGE! Me? I can take it or leave it, usually I want to leave it!

Here is the scenario in my house last evening. Brayden and Kyle on the couch watching the football game, me at the computer and Emily in bed. Shortly after the game has started, Brayden starts yelling at the TV! I look at him and ask him if the players can hear him? I mean is your yelling really helping them out in any way? He looks at me like I am a huge dork! (which I promise I am not)

I start thinking about how almost every man/boy I know that is watching sports usually ends up yelling/talking/swearing (better not be swearing in my house) at the TV! I really don't get it since the players obviously can not hear you and it really is not doing the team any good.

So I said to Brayden and Kyle "ya know I don't really get it, I mean I don't sit on the couch and yell at Duff on Ace of Cakes (which is one of my fav shows) while he is making a cake! I don't say oh no, don't use that color icing, etc..." They both laughed at me and said that would be pretty funny if I did!

So I did not get anywhere, because the yelling did not stop and I don't think it ever will. It's not just football either. It is NASCAR, baseball, hockey, basketball, etc.

I guess I won't ever fully understand why they do it, but next time Ace of Cakes is on I might just yell at the TV! :)

1 comment:

Amber Page Writes said...

Yelling at grey's anatomy might make you feel better...heck it's applicable for all kinds of TV shows!