Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe


One of my go to recipes at least 2 to 3 times a month is Baked Chicken Fajitas!  We love it in our house.  It is a great quick weeknight dinner and pretty healthy too.

I found the recipe over at Six Sister's Stuff.  You should check them out.  Tons of great recipes, from main courses to yummy desserts.

I have changed the recipe a little to fit our taste buds, but not much.  I love this recipe because you can make a little or a lot very easily.  Tonight I was only cooking for 3 so I used less chicken and cooked it in a smaller baking dish.

You can see the original recipe HERE.

Below is my adaptation of Baked Chicken Fajitas. Enjoy!  :)

INGREDIENTS:
2 large skinless chicken breasts or up to a pound, cut into strips (change the amount of chicken based on how many people you are serving, more chicken for more people)
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies (I usually use the original because we like a little more spice, if you don't, use the Mild or just use a can of tomatoes and a can of chilies)
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced
(I like to use both red and green)
2 Tablespoons Canola oil
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

Flour tortillas
Toppings such as cheese and sour cream


 Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a  baking dish, base the size on how many servings you will be making. Mix together chicken, Rotel, peppers, and onions in the dish.  In a small bowl combine the oil and spices.  Mix the spice mixture in with the chicken.  Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve with tortillas and all the other fixings you like, such as cheese, lettuce and sour cream.

**I like to cook this in a lower temp oven like 250 to 300 degrees for a couple hours, so the chicken and veggies are really tender.  If you don't have the time, just cook it at the above temp and time.** 

5 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds delicious!

Lindsay said...

This looks really good! Definitely going to have to try it out! Thanks for sharing :-)

Kristie said...

This sounds awesome! I'll have to try it sometime! :-)

Wendy said...

It is a really easy and great recipe. I have made it with venison as well.

Lindsay said...

I tried these out tonight! Super easy and pretty yummy too :-)