Friday, March 8, 2013

Doing a 5K!!

I signed up to do my first ever 5K this summer! I will be doing The Color Run on August 3rd in Grand Rapids with some really fun girls!  So excited to join in the fun of the Happiest 5K on the Planet! 

I really, really, really want to be able to run the whole thing, but honestly don't know if I will be able to.  I am not much of a runner, although I am getting better. 

I use to barely be able to run to my mailbox and back without being out of breath.  I can easily walk a 5K with some jogging mixed in.  I am still working on being able to run a mile straight.  I WILL get there!  I am setting small goals.

Have you ever ran a 5K or The Color Run? 


3 comments:

Kristie said...

Good luck with your first 5k! You have a lot of time to get used to running. I LOVE running, but I don't do races...just for fun/exercise.

Together We Save said...

Good luck!! I have never done either but my daughter is planning on running a 5k.

Candi at OurFamilyNest.com said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog. I did run a 5K for the first time in June and it was quite the experience. I made a video on it if you are interested. I ramble on a lot in that one, lol. It was tough and I didn't run as much of it as I wanted. The stress of the situation since it was my first time was unexpected. I think now that I know what to expect it will not be as big of a deal next time. As soon as it warms up I want to start running again!! Nice to meet you:)